Lupita Nyong’o accepts the Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role award for ‘12 Years a Slave’ during the 86th Annual Academy Awards
These laws are an embarrassment to our country. The evidence is overwhelming that Stand Your Ground laws lead to more murders and worsen systemic racial discrimination.
Ten rape prevention tips:
1. Don’t put drugs in women’s drinks.
2. When you see a woman walking by herself, leave her alone.
3. If you pull over to help a woman whose car has broken down, remember not to rape her.
4. If you are in an elevator and a woman gets in, don’t rape her.
5. When you encounter a woman who is asleep, the safest course of action is to not rape her.
6. Never creep into a woman’s home through an unlocked door or window, or spring out at her from between parked cars, or rape her.
7. Remember, people go to the laundry room to do their laundry. Do not attempt to molest someone who is alone in a laundry room.
8. Use the Buddy System! If it is inconvenient for you to stop yourself from raping women, ask a trusted friend to accompany you at all times.
9. Carry a rape whistle. If you find that you are about to rape someone, blow the whistle until someone comes to stop you.
10. Don’t forget: Honesty is the best policy. When asking a woman out on a date, don’t pretend that you are interested in her as a person; tell her straight up that you expect to be raping her later. If you don’t communicate your intentions, the woman may take it as a sign that you do not plan to rape her.
“It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.”
REBLOG 5,000,000 TIMES
WHERE ARE THERE SO LITTLE NOTES YOU GUYS
REBLOG THIS SAVE SOME LIVES.
I can’t not reblog.
I care too much.
reblogging this to remind myself to donate when I get my purse
reblogging this because I really want them to live like we do.
YOU HAVE TO REBLOG THIS COME ON GUYS
SERIOUSLY REBLOG THIS…it shouldnt matter if it’s “not my blogstyle” like what’s more important, somebody’s life or reblogging 1 post out of your style?!? :( reblog!! x
"It’s Been An Adventure, Mr. Fredricksen."
"Adventure Is Out There!"
Someone asked me to post these two companion pieces together so it was easier to reblog them.
Well, I’m crying.